One of the best advantages of a group or team is that so many unique strengths are brought to the table – this is especially beneficial when tasks arise. It’s to everyone’s benefit to harness the power of these strengths and get things done efficiently.
Honing in and capitalizing on the strengths of a group can make up for weaknesses that may be present in a group, office, or team by spreading the responsibility to those best suited which fills out the gaps in strengths.
Following are some ways to really put your strengths to work for you from the Sources of Insight Blog:
- Focus on strengths. Shift your mindset from focusing on weaknesses to focusing on strengths.
- Learn your strengths and weaknesses. Know thy self. Know your own strengths and weaknesses.
- Contribute your strengths to the team. Identify the strengths that will help your team. Find ways to help out the team using your strengths.
- Stop spending time in weaknesses. Find ways to stop spending time in your weaknesses.
- Team up with your manager. Have them help you spend more time in your strengths.
- Turn your strengths into habits. Continuously find ways to spend time in your strengths and stop working in your weaknesses.
Once you’re able to work in a group and focus on your strengths instead of your weaknesses, your strengths will start shining through, making your tasks much less daunting and much easier to complete.
Take your RAW-Q today to better assess your strengths.